Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 29th

A tall story
Some shop notes
An example of favoratism and double-standardizing (He spelled it this way)
Challenging Assumptions: The Savage She-Hulk and Me
A Matter of Professional Courtesy

CPM Manga: BANKRUPT?

Batwoman
Hmm...
A new Batwoman in a more diverse world of heroes
Dan Didio talks more about the Batwoman with the too-long cape:
Batwoman Beyond

X-Men: The Last Stand opinions, Spoiler warnings apply.
Is X3 Anti-Feminist? (spoilers, obviously) (Some really interesting debate on writer responsibility starts on this page, at Post #148)
X-Men 3, Post 1
X-Men: The Last Stand
Stuff.
X-Men: The Last Stand
X-Men: The Last Stand (Same post as directly above, different community and comments)
Sisters Arguing about X-Men III and the Dark Phoenix Saga

1 comment:

Avi Green said...

"Double-standardizing" was a slang I myself thought up at least a year ago, to describe an article that I thought was written full of double-standards. I said to myself, "the reporter really double-standardized this stuff!" And then I thought it could come as a perfect way to refer to almost any press article that had two-faced directions in it.

The slang stuck with me ever since. :)