Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Barbara Gordon Reboot Focused Megapost

Barbara Gordon Batgirl Reboot Focused Megapost

With the rumors coming out of this DCU reboot, I knew I was going to start seeing images like this.

Notes On disability and visibility …

This isn't Thrilling


Since I started dating a paralyzed guy

Breaking (yet unsurprising) News:


Which characters (and fans) will be most affected by the DC relaunch

Just a few words tonight

I sent DC a letter, because I am really pissed off about this.


OP/ED: ORACLE Is Stronger Than BATGIRL Will Ever Be


Batgirl Triumphant: The Price of Restoring DC Comics' Disabled Heroine

[image: Cassandra Cain as Batgirl, Stephanie Brown as Robin]

I can't think of a single good thing about this.

If you ask me, Ostrander and Yale unfridged Barbara


Intersectionality, how does it work?


DC Confirms Barbara Gordon Returning As Batgirl


Batgirl, Oracle and Change in Comic Books

DC Screws With Readers’ Heads With New Batgirl #1

DC and Batgirl Walk To The Bank?


Babs has been Oracle for longer than I’ve been ALIVE.


Dear comics-related Internet

As someone with a degenerative spinal condition

I’d like to add that Oracle was just as important to people who have disabled loved ones

Oh my god. This is the most horrific, ableist, awful, exclusionary, bigoted thing (trigger warning)

So if Barbara is getting her legs back


So what are you looking for post-Flashpoint?


Also, you know, Babs is a woman

I asked for a comission of Cass and Steph as Batman and Robin btw

ugggghTHIS

For the record, Cass is my Batgirl

img: Barbara Gordon as Oracle, from an early Birds of Prey issue.


My video of the History of the Batgirls set to Ani Difranco’s “All of This.”

They decided not to even TRY to top Grant Morrison here.

Disappointment


Yeah, what right do I have to be critical of a major company that sells out disabled characters to make more money


Wow. Definitely done with DC

It just keeps getting worse and worse

Oracle vs Batgirl

More reactions to spoilers!

Barbara Gordon Reverted to Batgirl: Where Do We Go From Here?

My Barbara Gordon Rant

DC Announces the Future of a Slew of Female Characters, Confirms Barbara Gordon as Batgirl

DCU where are you? (Or Dee thinks things about the relaunch)

DC breaks the silence on Post-Flashpoint Gotham.

So someone was saying that you can’t be a hero if you can’t throw kicks and punches

About the new Batgirl book: A Scan From Batman: The Return


Why rebooting Batgirl is a terrible idea

or all of those people who scoff about those of us who are freaking out about the reboot, saying that we’re hypocrites who can’t stand change

“Now, when citizens of that city look up, they are going to see BATGIRL.”

So, I am leaving DC officially

I just wanted to say, it pisses me off that DC is moving one step forward but then two steps backwards.


I applaud your decision

Oracle Writing Campaign: Images


Oracle Draw-A-Thon

Join the Oracle Draw-a-thon!

New Tumblr celebrates Oracle

NewsArama promo!

About This Project

3 comments:

Dorian said...

Hi, uh, I'm the one who wrote the post titled "I Sent DC a Letter, Because I'm Really Pissed Off About This". I just wanted to bring to your attention that I've since changed my blog URL, so the link you have is broken. The post is now here.

Maddy said...

Switched the link, thanks.

Unknown said...

Didn't focus specifically on Barbara, but I do mention the basic failing of removing an icon like Oracle from the DCU, but I also cover the overall inequality of both the DCnU and the lack of female and minority contributors working for DC. If you like it, please add it to your very vocal list: http://ebonstorm.wordpress.com/2011/08/13/dcnu-looks-great-but-less-filling/