Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Wednesday Morning

(No categories for you today! Maybe if you're good, tomorrow! But none today! Mwahaha)

Art, Comics and the Greatest Book In The World

A Necessary Point

Bits and Pieces

Heroes on NBC

I really do need to stop doing news commentary posts...

In Which There is WFA WTH?

Just Because I Like It Doesn't Mean It's Good

Rethinking Feminism in Comix

(With responses:

My Heartfelt Appreciation
Speaking About Speaking Out)

Seattle Comicard Show: Art Teaser

The Love Principle of Moe Otaku in Japan

This Might Qualify as Libel: A Review of V for Vendetta (tangential)

Women in Refrigerators

Wonder Woman, Identity, Poststructuralis and Feminism

Yoroshiku Onegai Shimasu!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm hoping that you can help me find something; you look to have the most resources:

A while back, somewhere on the Web, there was an argument that comic artists, particularly cover artists, are still drawing women to appeal to teenaged boys' pubescent fantasies; maximizing boob shots with awkward poses and etc. Some artist out there drew some hypothetical comic covers that showed men getting the same treatment--Green Lantern with a 'package shot', etc., and the universal reaction to those covers were screams of horror by the men and mad cackling from the women.

Have you seen this series of comic covers, and if so, can you provide a link to it? Pretty please? I've got another "oblivious to male privilege" dork on my hands at the moment and I figured those pictures would illustrate my point perfectly.
~Kimberly T.

Anonymous said...

Here you go! It was in response to that Frank Miller cover published several months ago.

- your friendly neighbourhood nerd